Thursday, August 6, 2015

Lady Mendl's Tea Salon-Inn at Irving Place


















I decided after a long day to go to this very atypical place in Union Square. 
This teahouse can’t be compared to the ones I have been to. It’s actually a Victorian period style tearoom. This place is a bit hidden although it’s located on a very obvious place. I spent some time finding it, but I realized I was just in front of it.
The entrance is actually an entrance of a typical house on the West village. That’s why I couldn't recognize it was the teahouse. I climbed the high stairs, opened the door and find myself in this strange old looking living room. A lady called out to me and unfortunately announced the place was closing. I couldn't try their menu but I tried to spy a little bit (my picture is completely blurred). I will have to make a follow up with you another time. Please be careful of the time. The place is only open from 12 to 4pm, which is pretty inconvenient.
Because it was closed I went to another teahouse not far from it.




No comments:

Post a Comment